Recycled Plastic Lumber (or Plastic Wood Composite as it also known) is the basic building block from which much of the British Recycled Plastic range of environmentally friendly maintenance free furniture and sustainable construction products are made.
The British Recycled Plastic range of recycled plastic lumber is rot proof, impact resistant, and algae and moss resistant. As the profiles have a skin that paint cannot penetrate, graffiti can simply be wiped clean.
It is a tough, durable, maintenance free alternative to timber, offering a life span many times that of wood without the need for treatment. This means whole life costs are significantly reduced as maintenance and replacement costs are removed. Therefore as well as being environmentally friendly (made from 100% recycled post-industrial plastic, diverted from landfill) recycled plastic lumber offers significant commercial and technical benefits over traditional solutions.
Designed to replace traditional construction materials, recycled plastic (RCP’s) are impervious to water and allow for the easy and quick construction of fences, revetments, boardwalks, steps and pontoons, to name but a few applications, and is the ideal material for areas subject to flooding or standing water.
British Recycled Plastic offer an extensive range of recycled plastic lumber profiles, along with decking boards, tongue and groove and other profiles designed for civil engineering.
Coupled with the major positive environmental benefits, recycled plastic lumber can be used for any application traditionally solved using timber, concrete or metals, providing an economical and environmentally sustainable alternative to these materials, lowering the carbon footprint of construction projects compared to traditional solutions.
Key points to note about recycled plastic lumber
- Reduction of energy consumption by 66%
- Production of only a third of the sulphur dioxide
- Production of only half of the nitrous oxide
- Reduction of water usage by nearly 90%
- Reduction of carbon dioxide generation by two-and-a-half times
- 1.8 tonnes of oil are saved for every tonne of recycled polythene produced
- Lasts 5 times longer than timber
- Rot and algae proof
- Crack, chip and splinter proof
- Insect and animal resistant
- Labour saving – minimal maintenance
- Non slip
- UV resistant
- Vandal Resistant
- Less Flammable than timber
- Easy to clean
- Can be worked like timber
- Holds screws and fittings well
- Reduced Whole Life Costs
- Diverting Material from Landfill
- Reduces the carbon footprint of any project
Minimum order £300+VAT applies.
Please contact the office on 01422 885761 to discuss your individual requirements.